Don and Kathy Astras will demonstrate folk art techniques
Enjoy a day of food, music and family fun at the Lithuanian Day Festival at Saints Peter and Paul Parish Center in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Don and Kathy will conduct Straw Christmas Ornament Demonstrations using wheat and rye straw between 1:30 to 2:00 pm and 3:00 to 3:30 pm. We also will have sample ornaments to order, as well as reproductions of Ursula Astras’ straw paintings to purchase.
Lithuanian Day Festival – Saturday, April 30, 2016
11:30 am – 7:00 pm at Saints Peter and Paul Parish Center: 1433 Hamilton Ave. NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49504
- Authentic Lithuanian food and beer provided by Grand Duke’s Restaurant of Chicago
- Combo platter of 3 items (Cepelinai, Kugelis, Balandeliai) for $12
- Folk music, dances and songs
- Art, souvenirs and gifts from vendors including Lady of Wheat
- Demonstrations for making straw Christmas ornaments by Don and Kathy Astras
- Exhibits of Lithuanian culture
- Movies about Lithuania
- Games for children
- Sponsored by the Lithuanian American Community of Grand Rapids
If you miss this event, you can always see Ursula and Don’s ornaments at Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park during their International Christmas Tree Exhibit.
You can also order fine-art prints of Ursula’s straw paintings from her gallery at UrsulaAstras.ImageKind.com.
We hope you can join us at this event.